Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mr. Goodbar


Occasionally I suffer from migraines. I've had all the testing from doctors and the best they can tell me is that it is related to stress. Stress of the mundane hassles I encounter. One of my doctors recommended chocolate. I decided to give this a chance. My chocolate of choice- a Mr. Goodbar of course. I sat down on the sofa and unwrapped the package. I stared at it hungrily hoping that this would be the thing that made everything better. I gently placed it toward the back of my tongue and waited for it to work its magic. I slowly moved my tongue back and forth on the hard rich texture. I closed my eyes and imagined it erasing all my worries, all my stress, all my boredom. I used my tongue to move it back and forth and from side to side. I sucked on it to allow myself to savor every flavor. I held it in my mouth and thought of being lulled to sleep by the movement of crashing waves and the tickle of the breeze on a summer night. I sucked and sucked on it and imagined bliss and euphoria, comfort and ease. I allowed my tongue to play on it until it ultimately became a silky smooth intense explosion in my mouth. I slowly swallowed. I felt it move its way down my throat coating the passage as it descended. I opened my eyes and smiled. Thank you Mr. Goodbar for a head pleasing moment. I look forward to the next one.

2 comments:

  1. What a rated R post, i love it! Dark chocolate will do that to you ;) Mmmm....yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is not my norm but that is my goal in this blog. I want to literally reveal things I do not normally say aloud (not even in a whisper) and wouldn't dare say out loud (loudly or with intention of being heard over noise). I feel it is time. I'm old and comfortable with myself. The theme in the world recently is transparency and disclosure. So why don't I express my thought more? This will be my practice space. We will have to see how this goes. :)

    ReplyDelete